Wednesday, May 21, 2008

you know you want this pillow


Since RL's had to wear his neck brace at all times for the last few months, the quest for a comfortable sleeping position has been rather elusive for him. Awhile ago he was laying in bed, dreaming of the perfect pillow: it would be low in the middle, for when he was sleeping on his back, and higher on the sides, to support the side-sleeping positions. He even developed a whole As-Seen-On-TV scam, complete with $300 off if you called in the next 30 minutes, and a free pillow for your cat.

It sounded like a great idea. Unfortunately the pillow already exists. Tempur-pedic sells the Millennium Pillow, with RL's exact specifications. (RL was actually convinced that someone at Tempur-Pedic overheard his idea, developed, patented, and began selling the pillow all in the week that it took him to think it up and find it).

Well, needless to say, RL bought the pillow, and it's pretty fricking fantastic. It cups your head just right, offering gentle support. It's like a little cushion of delight. The other night I was wondering out loud if I would ever get to experience the delight myself, and RL offered it up! I was shocked. He said we could share and he happily traded pillows with me.

For about 20 minutes. I'm sinking in, feeling tempur-pedic-riffic, and falling asleep. All of the sudden RL's waking me up, saying he's sorry but on second thought, he can't give it up. He's been laying there all uncomfortable and stressing about the possibility of not being able to sleep. So I wake myself up and hand it over.

No really, I'm fine. No delight needed here.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

OK, I'm looking that sucker up. I've been needing a new pillow for some time now as mine no longer offers support and the replacement I bought is way way too pouffy and I feel like I'm sitting up while trying to fall asleep. (nice run-on sentence, huh?)

I also need a new bed...any exzzzzelent suggestions for that?

Anonymous said...

You should get paid for that review.