Tuesday, June 17, 2008

my family's finest moments

The other morning RL and I were sitting on the couch (watching CBS Sunday Morning, no doubt), and Little the cat got the fire in her blood. Below is a picture of the darling girl, just so you have a good visual.



Anyway, she was running around the house like a crazy cat--from the patio through the living room and on her laps in the upstairs bedrooms. At one point while she was running around upstairs, I got up to close the screen door to the patio. Unfortunately I didn't tell her that. So RL and I watch as she races down the stairs, flies past us, and...bonk, right into the screen door. Apparently she's just not all that smart. It took her awhile to finally face us again (I think she was a little humiliated, honestly, and probably had a bit of a headache). We laughed for awhile about that one.

The next day, RL had his own embarassing moment. I was sleeping in, and he graciously got up early and rode his bike to get us some breakfast. He brought it home, fixed up a tray so I could have breakfast in bed, then decided to heat up the syrup for the pancakes. It was too tall to fit in the microwave, so he layed it on its side. But then he didn't want syrup to leak out all over the microwave, so he thought he should have something to prop it up. So he looks around, and, right in front of him is his wallet. What better prop? Good size, right shape.

So he wedges his wallet in there, right underneath the syrup, and puts the microwave on for 30 seconds. When he pulls it out, he notices that it smells a little funny, like burnt leather (hmm, interesting). When he finally tells me about it a few hours later, I say, don't you think your credit cards might have suffered some damage too? And then he starts thinking about the fact that there's METAL on the back of them, and starts worrying that maybe they won't work.

Fast forward to us at Nordstrom Rack a few hours later, where RL is purchasing a new wallet. He pulls the credit cards out of the old one and realizes that there have been little explosions all over the back of them, and that no, they don't work. The stink is horrible too, and the girl checking him out is less than pleased that she has to manually enter his information while holding this foul-smelling piece of plastic.

I'm sure I did something equally embarassing this week, but I just can't seem to remember it...

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Oh, too too funny! I'll have to read this one out loud to Jim.

Our cats do laps all the time in the house and wrestle each other (although Marbles plays dirty some times and bites Jack's "little Jack"). We tell them to quit it, but not very seriously. It's fun to watch them play.

How sweet is RL for making breakfast in bed for you! awwww....

When I read this to Jim, I'm going to really stress that part!

Anonymous said...

You couldn't make up something any funnier.

Anonymous said...

so basically - he is no MacGyver!

Unknown said...

Hilarious!