Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bad insect jokes

RL and I were eating dinner outside the other day when I noticed that a spider had strung a web between the legs of our BBQ. I said, "Honey, look! There's a spider all up in your grill."

The other night I couldn't sleep and came downstairs to watch TV for awhile. It didn't help much, and I wasn't feeling any more sleepy. As I was laying on the couch, lights off, and all the sudden I see a little shape moving across the floor. I frantically turn the light on to find a millipede-type thing racing around the living room (now I'm definitely not sleeping). I get kind of freaked out because I really don't like things with lots of legs, and search for a glass and a piece of paper to trap him and take him outside (because really, something with that many legs is just not something you want to squish into the carpet). Before I can do that, though, Legsy has hidden under the couch. Trying to ignore the fact that he's still in the house, I decide to just go upstairs to my hopefully bug-free bed.

The next morning I tell RL about it, and ask him if millipedes are dangerous. "I don't think so...unless they kicked you to death with all those legs." Me, with an image of a cartoon millipede karate chopping my leg: "You mean like a kung-fu millipede?"

Okay, maybe it's not that funny, but you have to imagine it.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Ahahahahaaha!!!

No really, I'm laughing.

Now you have to endure my two funnies. One is bug related, one is just an on-going joke in the family.

A few nights ago I woke with one hand asleep, and as I flung it out from under the pillow I think I brushed past my hair and had this vision I'd just flung two (large) cockaroaches across the room. So now I'm frozen, worried there are roaches under my pillow. I spend a long time debating whether I want to even induldge in this crazy idea and check under the pillow. One the one hand, it's almost 100% impossible. On the other hand, if it is possible, I really should get them off my bed. On the third hand (at 2 AM I have three hands), if they're under my pillow, they've probably been there all night and aren't harming me at all, so why not just let them be and go back to sleep. I debate, and finally look under the pillow. No roaches of course, so back to sleep I go.

Second thing, many years ago while Jim was at work, he needed an atlas. He went to a co-worker and asked, "did you grab my atlas". So now that's a running joke in the family.

That and Snow Wipe, but that's another story.