Wednesday, October 10, 2007

my bf, apparently, is 12 years old

But he's cute. Which is good. Because on Wednesday he decided to wake up at FOUR O'CLOCK in the morning to drive an hour and a half and stand in line for three hours to ski two runs at Arapahoe Basin, the first mountain to open in the United States. RL was wearing a pumpkin costume, which got him some good coverage in the Denver Post. In one of the longer quotes, he decided to rub winter in my face by saying something like "summer's over!" it's funny because when he was saying that, i was still sleeping warmly and comfortably in my bed.

Just in case you need a visual:


In other silly bf news, he got an original Nintendo for his 30th birthday last week. I was excited because i thought i could relive my childhood too, but then he bought Skate or Die (sp?) and Commando, which i never played (i was rooting for Tetris and Bubble Bobble). Then the other night he called me from work saying he was going to be late because he had just bid on Excite Bike on eBay and he had to wait for the auction to close.

Aside from the primitive graphics and music that are fun to laugh at, for some reason Nintendo is really easy now that we're adults. I'm still trying to figure out if this has something to do with an increase in our intelligence or just an increase in familiarity with technical gadgets. Or maybe it's easy because RL, somehow, remembers all the secrets that we worked so hard for when we were little.

Actually, as we speak he's trying to conquer Mario Brothers for the third time in three days. Excuse me, I've gotta go help him out.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

That is AWESOME!!!

I remember playing Bubble Bobble at my friend's house (I wasn't privileged enough to have a Nintendo or even Atari).

My niece got a Nintendo DS for Christmas last year and I was almost drooling watching her play Mario Bros. When she had trouble getting past a spot, I was more then happy to help.

That's pretty cool that RL was featured in the Post. He's a pretty cool guy I think. I mean, any guy that doesn't flinch when he walks into his kitchen to meet someone for the first time and, hello!, she's nursing a baby, gets a gold star in my book. Sorry for the run on sentence there :)

tee-plate said...

ha! i forgot about that. he IS a good guy.

you can totally come play nintendo at our house anytime :)

Leslie said...

And hey, at least RL wasn't dressed up like a fluffy bunny! That guy's gotta be really embarassed!! I mean, a pumpkin costume is way cooler then a bunny. Sheesh! ;)

Unknown said...

Thought you might enjoy seeing yet another place that RL's fame has been featured: http://anexerciseinrisktaking.squarespace.com/radical-militant-librarian-ran/

I got the original Nintendo for my birthday too--the best 30th birthday gift ever! I have saved the princess only once since acquiring it though--it is very annoying! Once you do it once, you think you should be able to do it every time but I just can't get back to those glory days!