Tuesday, October 23, 2007

yeah? well you smell like nail polish

Sunday was a fairly uneventful day, seeing as it was snowing when we woke up. So we decided to go on a little shopping excursion (RL got a little J Crew gift cert for his birthday. yay! except none for me. That place is pricey.). But then we got to go to PF Changs for those delicious lettuce wraps. Yes it's a chain restaurant, but those things are like crack.

Afterwards, RL decided we needed a little manicure action at the local nail shop*. As he explained to the woman doing his nails, we spent some time shingling a friend's roof on Saturday and our hands needed a "treat." I'm pretty sure that his manicurist spoke little to no English and couldn't have cared less about our Saturday even if she did.

My lady was a different story. She was friendly, asked us questions about us, what we did, etc. Finally she asked us what we had been doing that day. I told her about the shopping and the PF Changs. She was like, "Oh, yeah, I thought you smelled like Chinese food."

Ummm, thanks? What kind of a thing is that to say? I would never say that to a friend, much less someone who was expecting a tip from me.

After that I didn't know what to say to her. She finished my nails, pretty shoddily, and I decided I don't really like manicures. I don't want to have conversations when I'm being pampered, much less conversations about how I smell. From here on out it's all pedicures.

As long as I can stick my nose in a magazine and keep my Chinese-food stench away from everyone, I'll be okay.


++++++++
*RL does like his manicures. It's these getting-in-touch-with-his-softer-side moments that make me love him.

No comments: